Skip to content
Our Statement of Faith is what we believe. It is a creed that is signed and assented to without reservation by all members of Council, Committees constituted by the Council, all staff members, volunteer staff, committee members of branches and members of branches. This is forms part of our theological undertaking as an interdenominational faith-based student organisation.
We believe that
- The Holy Bible (the Old and New Testaments) as originally given by God, are divinely inspired, entirely trustworthy and the supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- There is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. This sovereign God created the universe and pronounced it good.
- Our Lord Jesus Christ is God visible in a body, born of the Virgin Mary. He lived a sinless human life. During his earthly ministry he worked miracles and taught about the Kingdom of God. He died in our place to atone for our sin. He was buried, and on the third day arose from the dead. He ascended into heaven. He is the only Mediator between God and humankind and Saviour of the world.
- Humankind, male and female, was created in the image of God, with consequent dignity, delegated authority and creation stewardship. As a result of the fall, all people are lost and sinful, subject to condemnation and in need of salvation. Salvation is available only through the redemptive work of the Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ and his salvation are received by repentance and faith, not by human effort, as the Holy Spirit brings about the new birth.
- The Holy Spirit convicts and draws sinners to Christ and imparts new life to them, indwelling, empowering and equipping each believer, who is thereby enabled to live a holy life, to witness, and to serve the Lord Jesus Christ through worship, prayer, evangelism, discipline, compassion, justice and righteousness.
- All believers in the Lord Jesus Christ are spiritually united with each other. They comprise the Church, the Body of Christ, of which he is the Head.
- The Lord Jesus Christ will return personally in power and authority. All the dead will be raised: those who are saved to eternal life and those who are lost to condemnation.